Tofu pie with oven baked carrots
Nutrient content per person: Calories 542 kcal Carbs 53 g Fat 32 g Protein 13 g
The health benefits of tofu:
* is made from soybean curds. It is naturally gluten-free and low in calories.
* it contains no cholesterol and is an excellent source of iron and calcium.
* soy isoflavines have been found to help reduce levels of LDL "bad" cholesterol, although it does not seem to increase HDL or "good" cholesterol levels.
* soy isoflavones may help reduce bone loss and increase bone mineral density, especially after menopause. They have also been reported to reduce some other symptoms of menopause.
Recipe for 6 people
* 1 sheet prepared puff pastry
* 300g Bon soya soft tofu
* 200 g champion
* 4 carrots
* 2 onions
* 2 tablespoons margarine
* 2 handfuls of vegan cheese
* 1 teaspoon of iodized salt
* 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
* 1 teaspoon oil
Place the dough on the kitchen cabinet to melt for 20 minutes. At the same time, chop the onions into small pieces. Heat the pan on the stove and fry the onions with half a tablespoon of margarine. If the onions are golden brown, add tofu to the pan. Cut the champignons into slices. Add the champignons to the pan, frying for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Tofu and mushrooms should now also be crispy. Turn the heat to low and add half a teaspoon of salt, half a teaspoon of lemon pepper and half a tablespoon of margarine. Stir and let the filling cool down. Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. Take the melted dough and roll it. To do this, put a little bit of flour on the work surface, place the dough on the flour and roll out the dough with a rolling pin. Once the dough is rolled to the size of a baking tray, place cooled tofu filling in the center. Put 2 handfuls of vegan cheese on it. Turn one half of the dough over the filling. Press the edges of the dough firmly together. Push the excess under the pie. Cut the pattern on the pie with a knife. Make sure you do not push the knife through the dough. Lift the pie onto the baking paper on top of the baking tray. Lubricate the pie with 1 tablespoon of margarine. Put the pie in the oven for 20 minutes. Wash and peel the carrots. Cut the carrots in half and then into thin slices. Put the carrots in a bowl, add the oil, half a teaspoon of salt, half a teaspoon of lemon pepper and mix everything. After 20 minutes in the oven, remove the pie and place the carrots on the oven plate next to the pie. Put the pie in the oven again for 15-20 minutes. Make sure that the top of the pie becomes crispy and brownish, but does not get burnt. If you see that the pie is golden brown, remove it from the oven and allow to cool. A wonderful Christmas dish for your family to enjoy.
Did You Try This Recipe?